Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Virus Game

Post is a bit shorter this week because I just returned from a trip to celebrate my husband's birthday. 

Now obsessing over whether the Fed Ex guys who delivered our delayed luggage put it on the porch (hopefully) or... left it on the front steps in the snow (hopefully not).

On the plane home yesterday, my husband told me the boy across the aisle from him was playing a computer game focused on creating a virus and infecting countries and communities.

This sounded more than a little insane, so I googled it. The virus game I found was called Pandemic, and involved creating a virus and then finding a way to manage and/or contain and cure it.

Sigh. Breath. OK.

I can imagine this game could be abused at some point, but at least it wasn't created to teach kids how to revel in suffering. There are times when adults overreact to what we are seeing, yes?

In a week when high school kids are heroically standing up to the Man to change the country's truly idiotic gun laws, I am not going to think the worst about teens and tweens. And while I'm not a huge fan of video games, I do see their appeal -- particularly on long plane rides -- so hope that young man figured out a way to cure his virus.

Also hope the young people speaking up in legislative offices all around our country find a way to change our national virus -- aka slavery to the NRA -- and that the rest of us follow their example in changing it, too.

Because the hour may be late, but it's never too late to do something.


Virus photo: CDC Global






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and please do not post ads for your business on this blog.