Saturday, April 14, 2018

In Praise of Whining

April 14, 2018.

As I write this, six inches of new snow has fallen outside my window, and six more is promised by dawn tomorrow. Normally I would be outraged because it's April after all, but for some reason I have been enjoying the quiet, and the opportunity to write.

Plus, I don't at all mind being stuck in the house with my guy. (Isn't there a song about that?)

#LetItSnow

I was able to get in two hours on the last third of book two of my Beat Street series this morning. I discovered that Ruby has a secret super power that helps her to get rid of nasty G-men who are trying to give a summons to her best friend's mom.

It's called whining.

I have come to discover, in my years as a mom, that it can drive even the sanest and most competent of us to lose our minds, and that children are inherent experts at it. So when I tried to think of all the ways to vanquish hardened FBI agents, the only and best defense was, I realized, whining.

Very pleased with myself to have found a good use for it, at last.

Too late for my parenting years. But maybe someone else can benefit?

Anyway... this is my view today. So forgive me for cutting this short, because I need some hot coffee and a good book to curl up with for a while.

If you want to recommend something, please... feel free!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and please do not post ads for your business on this blog.