Monday, April 3, 2017

Ten Things I Never Told You

First, something I'm very pleased to share...

I'm very, very honored and excited today to tell you The Beat on Ruby's Street took the top prize and won the Gold award in the 2016 Wishing Shelf Book Awards for ages 9 to 12.


I think they're going to post more about this award on Goodreads and Amazon, and I'll let you know when they do.


Meanwhile, I thought it might be fun to share some things I don't usually talk about, just because. Nothing earth shattering, but definitely not the normal "author info" you've seen to date.


1. I have moderate to severe carpal tunnel and couldn't write without visits to a chiropractor for deep tissue massage. If you're sitting next me and see I'm having trouble opening a bottle of water or something, here's a tip: you're welcome to open it for me.


2. I'm hopelessly addicted to sugar and have to stay away from cookies because I can never eat just one.


3. My dad died in 2008 and I still miss him.


4. I don't understand why people eat lobster - especially because of how they're killed.


5. I secretly wish I had the time to join a local amateur soccer team and play at least once a month.


6. My favorite compliment from a stranger happened when I lived in New York and was going to work on the subway and two homeless guys were sitting at the entrance. When I walked by, one said to the other, "See, that's the kind of girl I like best. Plain and simple, no makeup!" Because my mother wouldn't leave the house without it... I rebelled.


7. I could never get a tan growing up because red haired people generally can't. I had freckles as a child, but they faded when I got older and started putting more sunblock on. I don't want to give up the sun block... but I miss the freckles.


8. I wish I hadn't -- but smoked cigarettes for 20 plus years, starting in my early teens. 😢 My husband (then fiance) got me to stop smoking by asking me to kiss him whenever I wanted a cigarette.


9. At our wedding, my husband I promised each other we'd always have fun and that we'd do our best not to die.


10. Art is the only thing that saves me from being a train wreck.


Your turn? Write me here or at jennazark.com.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and please do not post ads for your business on this blog.