Saturday, October 8, 2022

Song List Love

In honor of my wedding anniversary I decided to share my favorite love songs, being a lyricist/playwright and thinking, there are only so many things you can say about love. Pairing words with music is the best way I can think of, so here's my list from the bottom up:


5.

"If Not For You" by Bob Dylan

We sent the chorus out on our wedding invitation. Google it and you'll see why.

4. 

"Yours" by Blues Traveler

Among many, many songs of theirs I keep listening to; this one is just a prize.

3. 

"Nothing Compares 2 U" by Prince

Even though the couple in this song broke up, Prince shows us their passion and complexity so delicately--with just a very few well-placed words.

2. 

"Dance Me To The End Of Love" by Leonard Cohen

This is the song I want to sing when I think about my anniversary. Every word is poetry.

1. 

"I Believe When I Fall in Love With You It Will Be Forever" by Stevie Wonder

Best marriage of lyrics and music ever written - I knew it then and know it now.

***

Yes, I could write a lot more, but don't you want me to celebrate this anniversary of mine? Besides, I hope you want to find these songs and listen, rather than listen to me describing them.

And of course, list your own. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and please do not post ads for your business on this blog.