Monday, June 5, 2023

Renovation Story Leads to Another Country

Yes, the internet drives us crazy and there's too much of it. But if you collect phrases and headlines like I do -- the crazier the better - then the internet can also perk up your day. Adding to my collection is a straightforward story about a young woman who buys a house for a pound and found a way to renovate it, though she hadn't any money.

Of course I love stories like this, being an avid fan of all things renovation, and read eagerly how she took a crumbling shell of a house with boarded up windows, a leaking roof, rats, asbestos and no electricity or heating to a really cool home. The best part was that she did most of it herself. She had no knowledge of how to build a home before she started and just dived in, quitting her job as a project officer at a university. And oh--this all happened in the U. K.

The story, photos, and journey made a great story and I was completely hooked. Then-- something even better came along in the very same story. 

The author mentioned, casually, that the renovation was finished and she was now working at several part-time jobs to make ends meet:

  • University Project Officer
  • Yoga Teacher
  • Tutor
  • Online Dominatrix

Bringing in about $2,505 a month (which seems low when you add the dominatrix position. Though perhaps this profession loses something when it's virtual and you can make a lot more in person?)

I've known only one dominatrix in my life - the girlfriend of a dear friend--and I've no idea how long they were together. The dominatrix was absolutely beautiful in a country-girl way, and reminded me of a young Joni Mitchell. She also seemed extremely shy, and I could not imagine this woman bending someone to her dominating will. 

Yet, according to my friend, his girlfriend made a great living in her chosen profession.

So there we are. project officer, yoga teacher, tutor and online dominatrix.

I don't want to obsess about this story (though I am, which is why you're reading it), but I have so many questions. 

  • How do you become an online dominatrix? 
  • How much can you charge for something like that? 
  • Is there a training school? 
  • How do you learn about what you're supposed to do and say on the job?

My last question: is this worth exploring? 

Not as something I'd do - (though I have to admit it's got me curious.) I'm most likely thinking about characters, and this is quite an intriguing one.

So. Have you ever been a dominatrix? Known one? If so, send me a note at jennazark.com.

I promise to read every word.


Photo by Maria Vlasova on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and please do not post ads for your business on this blog.