Saturday, April 27, 2024

Love and Fight Scenes with your Characters: How do you Make Them Interesting?

Are you writing a love story? War story? Action story? Sooner or later, you’re going to have to describe that love (or intimacy), fight or battle. I’ve never written a battle scene, as my experience with them doesn’t exist, but I have written fight scenes, and had a little fun with them.

I have not written love (meaning intimacy/love/sexuality) scenes in a book, though I have in plays. I’ve tried to do both love and fight scenes in a way that’s focused on the story and isn’t there just because I think it’s time to have such a scene. But I won’t lie to you. I think love and fight scenes are extremely hard to write.

There are too many of them, for one thing. A lot seem like ones you’ve read a thousand times before. Fight scenes may be easier to change up, but both are about physical connections that tell the same story repeatedly.

So how do you make these scenes interesting? Why would they be interesting if we’ve seen them so often?

Read more on Medium.


Photo by Oziel Gómez on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and please do not post ads for your business on this blog.